In the hustle and bustle of life as a mom it is imperative that we maintain consistent practices to help us stay sane throughout the day. As painful as it feels sometimes, I start my day at 5:45 so that I have time to do these 5 practices daily. It’s a way of filling my cup before tending to my family and my work. They have all become integral parts of my life.
1. Walk ~ What are the benefits of walking you ask? Let me count the ways... Holistic health and wellness guru Dr Andrew Weil recommends walking as THE best exercise. Not only does it do your body good but it also increases cognitive performance in the brain and reduces stress. I choose a 30 minute morning nature walk as my daily go to exercise.
2. Yoga ~ 20 minutes of yoga each day will change your life. I know this to be true. After 25 years of yoga and years of experimenting with various healing modalities, I always return to the mat. There is no better way that I know of to connect mind, body and soul. And, yoga is a great stress reducer.
3. Meditate ~ Treat your mind as you would your body with the "mental hygiene" of meditation. Contrary to popular belief, the practice of meditation is to bring your mind back to NOW whenever it wanders. And, trust me, it will wander. It is not about sitting with a blank mind for 30 minutes 3 times every day. Start small with a 3 minute guided meditation and increase the time gradually. Oh, did I mention that it reduces stress too?
4. Gratitude ~ After attending to my body and my mind, I begin each day by writing and connecting with 3 things I am grateful for. Not only does gratitude feel good as I recall and focus on all the goodness in my life, but it also aligns me with the vibration of joy, happiness and abundance. I like to call it the "back door to abundance".
5. Vision ~ Connecting with my vision daily is an absolute for me. I read it, write it and "put it on" every day. Living a vision driven life is THE most life giving way of living. As I connect with my vision I BEcome the woman in it. And so can you.
How do you begin your day? Please share with a comment below.
Do you need help starting a daily routine? Studies show that daily affirmations can help reduce stress, boost well-being and increase confidence. Click the Daily Affirmations button below and get Life By Design Daily Affirmations in your inbox. Designed with care to remind you of who you are, what you are capable of and how much you rock. (The first one is the most important.) Enjoy!
Photo by Dreamstime Creative Commons Stock Photos